Friday, August 28, 2009

How I Eat


Last night we were in Landmark. We really weren't in the mood for a splurge (and we were also scrimping) so we went away with the expensive stuff and settled with these instead. Sizzling squid and sinigang from Sizzling Seafoods.

It's simply prepared and the sinigang was good. We also got to try the tuna belly from this place before, and it was really not bad for the money you pay for it.

But everytime I have to pay so much for what really is a pre-adolescent piece of squid, when you can buy a nicely grilled and even STUFFED squid in Zamboanga for the same price. Fish and seafood here is really expensive. And I'm limited to bangus and tilapia when I'm here and I HATE tilapia. It tastes like mud. Growing up, we never had so much of tilapia. My grandmother and mother would say that it doesn't taste clean. I'm inclined to agree.

I won't even begin to tell you about crabs and prawns. Can anyone tell me why seafood is so expensive? I think that growing pigs and cows for business is more expensive. But they're cheaper when sold. Agh.

No comments:

Post a Comment