Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lumpiang Hubad



I do not understand the concept of Lumpiang Hubad. How can it be lumpia, if it's not wrapped? How can it be lumpia if you don't dip it into anything?

To me, this dish is ginisang togue. To Allan this is Lumpiang Hubad. To him this is merienda while to me, this is ulam.

Anyway, to make, all you have to do is (again) dump the bean sprouts into a pot. I use my rice cooker, so it's absurdly easy. After putting the bean sprouts, I put about a half cup of water and set it to cook. When it's simmering, I added a packet of Mama Sita ginisa mix and some shredded carrots. After the first boil, I added a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce and seasoned the dish. Literally less than ten minutes, and I'm ready to serve.

It tasted pretty great! But next time, I might add some diced tofu to add a protein component to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment