Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm Feeling a Little Violent Today




I wish that I bit someone else's head off.



With a little creativity, the lovely gingerbread snowman ended up on my bloody plate instead.

I just hate stupid people. I just hate people who cannot do their jobs well. I am a totally non-OC kind of girl. Yeah, sure take 15 minutes more on your lunch break. Okay, we can do that instead. My desk is aclutter with different things, and I swear that I hear strange noises emanating from it in the middle of the night. My desk is alive, I swear. I really am not OC. But hell, that does not mean that you can just push me over because you think that "Ems will just be cool with it."

I really need to do something more in the being-a-leader department. You see, I never worked very well in organizations with strict leader-follower setups. I believe that there should be a sort of point person in a group, but that does not mean that he/she is the only person who should do the job. I prefer a group to think that I am only an administrative figure, someone to answer to the boss, not god.

I find that strict leader-follower setups will lead to an output that will be largely the idea of the leader. I hate that. I have been in the position where I was a mere member of a group whose ideas were never listened to, only for the leader's idea to fall short in the end. I'm trying to let people in my group know that this is OUR work. Entirely OUR work.

So what the hell is this little gnat bitch doing not making sure that her assigned chapter is covered? I don't get it. I want to bit her head off and serve her body in a beautiful white Starbucks porcelain plate. AGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment