Friday, March 5, 2010

On the Filtration Process Horizon



A plate of linguine alla matriciana. Simple yet satisfying. Totally just 20 minutes to make (maybe less if you don't Facebook while waiting for the bacon to crisp).

What's you're favorite pasta dish? Where did you have it? For all it's faults in bastardizing Italian fare, I still believe that my mother's Pinoy Spaghetti with the sweet sauce and hotdogs is the best. My homemade Spaghetti Pomodoro is pretty close. To Allan, he said the spaghetti up top. Yeah!

I'm planning to make REAL carbonara, meaning one with guanciale, egg and cheese only. Did you know that carbonara is not traditionally made with milk/cream? Nope. It's just spaghetti tossed in a pan of crispy bacon, then you add a mixture of beaten eggs, parmesan/pecorino cheese and pepper and allow the egg to cook from the heat of the spaghetti alone. That's what makes it creamy.

I'm gonna try that out. Then I'm also planning to try some rice cooker bread which sounds easy, too. I also want to try making Momofuku style pickles. They sound easy and I love pickles, so I think it'll work out. The recipe is for fridge method pickles with just sugar, salt, vinegar and spices.

What recipes have you been meaning to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment