Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Strawberries Three Ways



Who can resist strawberries? They're luscious, juicy, sweet and tart all at the same time. It lends itself perfectly to chocolate and caramel and even bacon. Haha And what about that rich, red color? Only the best from Mother Nature.

I found some strawberries in the market the other day, for just php35 per container. They were not as huge as the php600/kilo ones flown in from California found in Rustan's, but the flavor is quite powerful. I bought a couple of these and hulled them, rinsed them and took a picture. Visually appealing, if you ask me.

But flash back to three years ago, this is the only way I get my strawberry fix. I know, lame.



Bottled jam and buttered toast. Tasty, but the jam does not do the fruit justice.

I think it's best if you enjoy these things au naturel or with the best raw honey you can find. It's not expensive to buy raw honey, it only takes some patience in finding vendors.



Rich, sensual but utterly healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment