Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pasta with Spanish Sardines



There are pasta days. Days when I do not want to think of what to cook for ulam. I boil some water, add some salt and plunge my pasta in. The dressing or sauce need not be fancy. I can just sautee garlic in great olive oil, add pepper flakes and parsley, maybe some bacon and I have pasta dressing in less than 10 minutes.

This recipe is pretty simple. Just cook some pasta to al dente, and set aside. Slice some olives and a tablespoon of capers, squeeze half a lemon over it and mix it with some high grade tuna or in this case, Spanish sardines. Toss with pasta while it's still hot. Drizzle with the best olive oil you can afford. With some table wine or even just lemonade, this is a great dinner when cooking for one. Or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment